- Homemade tortilla chips FTW! Given that chili, nachos, guacamole & salsa are such popular choices for Super Bowl party menus, why not amp up your super awesome recipes by including your own homemade chips? This recipe takes about 10 minutes!
- 1 1/2 quarts peanut or vegetable oil
- 16 fresh corn tortillas, cut into 6 wedges each (96 chips)
- Heat oil in large wok, fryer or Dutch oven to 350F. Add 1/3 of the tortillas to the hot oil, flipping constantly with a mesh “spider”. Remove when the chips are a pale golden brown (approx. 2 min). Drain for 30 seconds in a paper lined bowl, move to clean bowl and season as you wish. Repeat until done!
- Thai shrimp cakes with a sweet chili dipping sauce is a tasty and healthy option for all those still sticking hard to their 2019 health resolutions. The people at Serious Eats say that these little cakes are a healthy, tasty and unique addition to any party menu. Click here for the recipe!
- Mock pizzas! Why not go old school…and by this, I mean elementary school and whip up a few trays of English Muffin pizzas?! You can go classic with tomato sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni or get fancy with a white sauce, fancy cheese, and Thai chicken! To make sure your mock pizzas come out crispy and hold up to your toppings, toast them before adding your sauces and toppings!
- Waffle iron “fried” cheese anyone? For this, you just need low-moisture mozzarella, a simple breading and then a quick “fry” in a waffle iron to create a crispy and gooey treat. Think of these as a more “adult” mozzarella stick!
I will be bringing my version of a New England boiled dinner (corned beef, potatoes, onions & carrots in the crockpot) to my lucky Patriots Potluck at Flip Side this Sunday, wearing my three Pats shirts* and cheering and clapping with gusto for those men from Foxboro! Do you have a Super Bowl/football tradition that you will be following this Sunday?]]>